Yamaha Drive Has Spark Will Not Start

gchum

I think I have a bad throttle cable. When I watche the carburetor and pull the pedal to the floor nothing moved. When I move it manually with my finger the compression went to 140ish.

gchum

Fixed!! That was it, bad throttle cable. You guys rock. If you are ever in Des Moines, let me know, drinks on me!

Rstaley

Cartaholic
I'm very interested in the compression issue. You said it worked fine until you stored it. I just can't imagine what could have happened in storage that would affect the compression very much (other than an intake valve getting glued in with tainted gas). 60 is way low but like HotRod says, it is very important that the throttle be held open while doing the compression test. When I mentioned the finger in the spark plug hole to see if you had compression or not, I figured with an engine that had been working fine before storage, it would either be there or not. Anyway, thanks for keeping us informed.

gchum

I’m actually from Milo, just down the road. One final question, where would be the best place to order the throttle cable from?