'09 Parcar Beeping While Switched On, Only Works in Reverse

Amtiskaw

Hey all, have a strange problem with my '09 Columbia ParCar. Looked around a bit and couldn't find anyone with this exact problem.

Basically, when the cart is turned on in neutral, the reverse buzzer will start going off. It won't stop if switched to forward or reverse. Additionally, the cart will move in reverse, but not forward. I have already tried swapping out the f/n/r switch, with no luck.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Does the golf cart move in reverse regardless of the FNR position or only when it is switched to reverse? Is it series or regen?

Amtiskaw

Hi Wizard, thanks for the reply!

It will only go in reverse if it is switched to reverse. It doesn't react to the pedal in forward or neutral.

Not sure about series or regen. Is there an easy way to tell?

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Look at the motor, if you have heavy gauge cables of equal size on all 4 posts it is series, if the end posts have heavy cables but the inner two posts have smaller gauge wire it is regen. This applies to any golf cart regardless of manufacturer, there may be an easier way to tell but I’m not familiar with Columbia

Amtiskaw

There's 4 large gauge wires, and then these ones in the picture. I'm guessing they are the wrong position and size for it to be regen.

PXL_20231128_152019225.jpg