EZGO Gas Golf Cart Won't Turn Over

jammerkid1

When my Club Car burned, I got an EZGO TXT 2003 gas model golf cart. It ran good but smoked like one of those mosquito spraying trucks. I had new rings, valves, and valve seats replaced. I got the cart back a couple of weeks ago, ran good, no smoke (yeah). Three or four days ago, I was riding around and it just stopped. I turned the switch off and sat for about 5 minutes, it restarted, I traveled about 200 yds. and it stopped again. Sat for about 10 minutes, started and drove it to my shop. When I tried to crank it the next morning it won't turn over. I charged the battery to 100% and hit the pedal and a "whining noise" was all I got. Checked the battery, still up to snuff. Tried the pedal again, same noise.(Kind of like an electric cart back up sound, only not quite as high pitched.) I replaced the starter, with a new one, in it yesterday, thinking that's what it had to be but same results with THE NOISE, no start. Sorry for a long rant but any suggestions of where to look next?

jammerkid1

Doesn't spin the belt, just the "whine" that sounds like it's gaining strength but doesn't turn over or spin the belt. Nice fish, by the way!

jammerkid1

HotRodCarts,, If you'll explain what needs to be done and how, I'll relay the info to a full bodied person. My left side is paralyzed and I'll have to get some assistance from my neighbor.

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
thanks that fish was the smallest one we caught that day i had on that was bigger around than me and 16-18 feet long maybe more got it to the surface twice before it spit the hook took over an hour.

jammerkid1

Yes, ran great. It ran good before the rings, valves, seats, and head gasket were done. Ran great after the work, no intelligible difference except the lack of smoking ..burning oil.

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
look and see if the clutch is stuck open and if it is smack it with a hammer don't put your hands anywhere near it as it would break a finger....had a gator that did all of the same things you are talking about and the clutch was stuck open

jammerkid1

Thanks pbillyi69, the clutch looks like it is stuck open. I tried hitting it with a hammer but I can't put enough umpth behind it from above. Still waiting for my neighbor.

jammerkid1

p0billyi69 and nubs, the neighbor finally came by after church. The motor doesn't move by hand and the clutch only moves in and out. Any suggestions? The golf cart is not a luxury but more of a necessity to get around my property.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Did a engine shop do the motor work? sounds like possible oil pressure failure, if the oil pump rotors were not marked and Assembled differently from the way they came out they many times will not build enough pressure and over time the rods will seize on the crankshaft.

jammerkid1

A cart shop mechanic did the work. He took pics and gave me the used parts. He also said the engine was pretty much shot and he said it wouldn't do much good or wouldn't hold another rebuild unless replacing the top end. I'm at a loss for what to do next. Do you know anything about Vegas Carts and Performance replacement engines?