First Cart - Finally

Dustinsspace

Hey all, new to the forum and new to carts. Have wanted one for so long but Military kept me overseas for almost a decade. Anyway, finally able to get one and I want to do all customization myself so found an 07’ Precedent 48v, 1 owner in our range and got it.

My daughter loves cruising the neighborhood with her friends and I like seeing her smile so win-win.

Plans:
Soon- 6” lift and 23” tires
Undercarriage lights
Seat covers

Bit Later-
Custom paint (might try myself who knows)
Different rear seat
Lithium conversion
Stereo or at least nice sound bar

One day hopefully-
Better/faster motor?
Custom framing with air suspension

Anyway maybe I’m nuts on some of these and any advice for a new owner would be awesome, glad to be here!

Attachments

• IMG_1439.jpeg
    IMG_1439.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1444.jpeg
    IMG_1444.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1448.jpeg
    IMG_1448.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1451.jpeg
    IMG_1451.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 9

Tiremantony

Air suspension is tricky! I am a mechanic by trade and my Marathon project got out of hand quickly. Custom mounts for the rear bags, finding the exact right lengths and ends for Monroe air shocks for the front. Then you have the tank, compressor, 12v conversation, kick on and off valve, switch panel to control each corner. The list keeps going. It is awesome when done but so much labor and fab to make it just right.. that being said you do you! That's how I did it! And yes watching the kids drive with their friends makes it all worth it!!!!!!!