Guitars

meltravis

I once heard ...

A band is like a bus ...
the drummer is the motor,
the bass player takes where it has to go ...
and everyone else is just along for the RIDE!
Sorry for the topic change but someone had to post!

meltravis

Do you know how to tell when a drummer's knocking on your door ...
He doesn't know when to come in ...

or
the knock keeps gettin' faster and FASTER!

Sorry ... couldn't let it go, without taking the opportunity to tell a drummer joke!
wink.gif
laugh.gif

meltravis

Looks like we have a band going here ... several guitar players, a drummer, and a bass player ... Now ... who sings? ( I sing lead and/or harmony ... 3rd or 5th)

gornoman

I don't play a single instrument, except pehaps a nippleflute now and then, but I am having dinner saturday night with a fella who builds bass guitars for Lakeland (sp?). He is an old hippie type, a great friend, and has built customs for some very famous artists.

Can I be in the band too? I can drive the van and stay sober.

Well, I can drive the van.

meltravis

Now THAT's FUNNY!! I don't care who ya are! ... GO GORNO!
lmao.gif

I actually road with a guitar player that drove close to that ... He only drove ONCE!!!
laugh.gif

gornoman

Naw, that werent me. That there mussa bin my bruddrnlaw BillyBob, cuz I dont slow down fer puddles!

meltravis

You know, Gorno

... as the bus driver, it's part of your job, while we're playing,
pimp.gif
to selectively choose the correct girls, and to be sure they're in the correct bunk, for when we get back to the bus.

... Oh, I just had another thought (Scary, Huh?)

... Do you think we could find room, on the bus, for that brown "LEATHER" sofa, that we discussed in an email, a while back? MMMmmm, I hope so!
biggthumpup.gif
peak.gif

band.gif

gornoman

...and furthermore, no ladies will be granted entrance to the CAH Magic Bus without a full and proper cooty inspection. Let me sterilize my tweezers!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Had some of the guitars out yesterday doing a little pickin' with family. I seem to have the bug again and I'd like to get another band together.

gornoman

Gosh, I just realized how much I hate people who have actual talent and can play a musical instrument.

Cool axes HRC. The Strat looks like my dining room table. I like it!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thanks Gorno!! The Strat and the Tele haven't been out of the cases in over 5 years, maybe longer. After playing yesterday I think the bug may have bitten me again.
unsure.gif
I used to play everyday and was in a couple bands here and there but never really got serious.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thanks Mark!!! You wouldn't believe how many different music stores I went to before I found that one... I bought it new in 97 and it still has the pick guard protective film and Fender sticker on it LOL... Guess that tells you how much I've played it... It's my favorite guitar...