Guitars

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
The images aren't showing up for me. This winter I bought a mandolin and a Guitaralele. I don't know how you spell that. Its an ukulele with six strings tuned the same as a guitar capoed on the sixth fret. I also bought a used telecaster. Made in Mexico, it looks brand new, was just gone over at the shop and plays real nice.
As you can see, I do not pay the big bucks.

S.E.R.

thumbup.gif
nice Rod

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
It is a Rogue. Guitar Center had them on sale for $39. So I figured; "What the hell." Pretty easy to play.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Nice Les Paul. I was looking at one made by the Gibson knock off co. Can't remember the name now. But it didn't feel right to me. Of course, it hadn't been set up properly yet.
Did you buy that one new?

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I was in GC this morning and looked at their Gibson Les Paul 120 year anniversary. Nice guitar. I was this close to buying it. Played it for a while. Then I thought; "What am I going to do with this that I can't do with my Telecaster?" I would not take it anywhere because I would be afraid of dents and scratches. Maybe when I am a better player I will deserve it. But not now. But it sure is a nice guitar. They had just gotten a price increase and it was priced at $200 more when it went back up on the wall.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Most of the 2014 models have the 120th anniversary inlay on the 12th fret.

A lot of the Gibson fans are bitchin' about it.

I've got 10 Les Pauls now and I'm getting ready to start listing a few of them on Craigslist.
They're all nice ones to.
naughty.gif

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Well, I talked myself out of buying another guitar at this time. Guess I was lucky I didn't buy.

Cart Sports

I built a couple of custom guitars as a school project in high school. At the time, I played in any band I could get into, but honestly haven't touched one in the last 10 years. Now that my youngest kid has turned 3, I've been making a point to play something a couple times a week. It's definitely gotten the creative juices flowing again. I'm just not sure I can write music for my current state. It was easy to write angsty punk songs in HS, but writing something that someone would want to hear, especially when I'm not so pissed, is tough.

My old business partner was also a guitar builder. We didn't meet until way after both of us quit, but he said he was retooling and getting back in just for a creative outlet. If you see anything from Garehan Guitars, that's my dude.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I have been playing for three years. I started out chording to accompany my singing of CW. But, this Winter, I have gotten into the Blues. It didn't take long before I was improvising. Fun.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Well I bought another guitar and it arrived today
rotflmao.gif

This time it's a Fender Telecaster. These are the pics from Sweetwater of the actual guitar.

What's I like about buying from them is they have pics of ALL their guitars on their website and you can pick the actual guitar you want. Here's some pics.

fender-mp-tele-6.jpg

fender-mp-tele-2.jpg

fender-mp-tele-1.jpg

fender-mp-tele-5.jpg