New to site....want to buy first cart for neighborhood cruising, need advice please

sudbeckrn

Hello everyone
my name is Ross and I live in Bennington NE. I just recently moved to a new neighborhood in town that allows golf carts.
I've only lived in the house a couple weeks and am really still in the process of unpacking, but I have to say, golf carts on the streets outnumber cars or are close.....no joke.
so I want to look into getting one. I've went on FB Marketplace, but there are alot, and alot of ads seem kind of shady to be honest, most at $1k to 1.5K, most ads don't seem legit.
what's a good brand? Electric or gas? is it worth buying a new one?
any advice is greatly appreciated, I don't think they have to be 'street legal' but one that is would be nice with headlights and blinkers.

Thanks in advance
Ross

Patrick L

Cartaholic
What are the neighbors using ? Gas or electric. How fast do you need to go ?

I tend to prefer EzGo and I like electric.

But i think any of the big 3 would fit the bill.

Zman

Cartaholic
I prefer Yamaha , a lot easier to work on and maintain. The newer A/C Drives and Drive2s are very smooth running

Patrick L

Cartaholic
I'm not around many Yamaha's [electric] and need to learn more about them.

I need to learn about A/C too. From what i've seen I'm not a fan of Icon.

1YAMAGUY

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Obviously Yamaha for me, gas 2018 QuietTec and quiet it is. Was thinking another brand until I spoke to the head mechanic at the local golf course when I asked him what to look for problem wise, he proceeded to tell me he really couldn't say for sure since the course should have replaced theirs long ago but they felt that not having any serious or major issues with their Yamaha's why replace them just keep them looking nice worked for them, i immediately changed my mind from a CC.
The place that I bought mine from sold all three but asked why I chose Yamaha, I proceeded to explain, his response was good choice, I've not been sorry.
Welcome to Cartaholics too!