Rebuilding a 1974 Harley Davidson Golf Cart

hdlvl74

I'm about to start rebuilding a '74 4 wheel HD. will post pix as I go... If there's any interest. If anyone has similar, could use some pix of it, to get ideas. wanting to keep it as orig as possible. thanks

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Sorry I can't help with the HD pictures. I'm sure some of the other members here can help with that thought. Definitely interested in pictures so take a lot of them...
biggrin.gif

smitty1

I'm restoring a 78 model D. Stripped down to frame, sandblasted everything and now in process of painting and reassembly. Fiberglass is over at a friends house being repaired/prepped to paint.
Still looking for a couple used engine parts that seem hard to locate. Just got a lead on 2 used carts nearby that I'm going to check out. Will most likely have parts to trade or sell if i get these.

hdlvl74

waiting for weather to warm before start the stripping. would like some idea of what dash looks like, was it just open to bare metal? what kind of engine parts are you needing, have contact with couple of other carts around here. I'm needing the plastic W that holds the clubs, and if I can find a frame for a top.

smitty1

I'm looking for a good used crankshaft and a starter pulley for a 71-81 Model D. I think I have that W you want. It is from a later cart than a '74. I'm not sure if they are all the same or not. Not exactly sure what you mean by an open dash but the center shroud should cover everything.

hdlvl74

I think their pretty much the same, as far as the W. Got a look at another cart, know what I needed now. gonna build a frame for the dash, then wood-grain it. if you want to sell the club holder, e-mail me, [email protected]

hdlvl74

Houston, we have ignition. after scouring the greater metro area for points and a condenser, I finally got cart started. hard part over, now to start on the body. wanted to get engine running before I did much to the rest. will start with pix soon I hope.

Nohandles

It would real cool if you post some pictures. I've always liked the 4 wheelers but only could find a 3 wheel.

Nohandles

One way is got to Flickr and set up an account. Down load your pictures there and then go to your photo stream- which is siginified as you, click on the arrow photo stream first one that comes up. Left click on the first photo you want. At the top of the photo right click on "all sizes" It will come up almost full screen. I use the medium photo which says 500 x 375. Click on that then right click and the third one down is copy image location right click on that. Now right click on the IMG above on this forum. Now left click and hit paste. Finish your message and hit add reply. Any problems PM me and I'll help you. Doug
4464807758_c56933ac80.jpg

hdlvl74

gonzo, you the man. thanks for getting those 2 up. appreciate it. will holler when it gets back from shop with paint.

hdlvl74

got it back from paint today. not real happy with paint, but it's just gonna be on golf course anyway. will get pix up when weather clears.