Yamaha Drive or Drive 2

wrightr34

Looking at buying a Yamaha golf cart that is for sale. How can I tell if a golf cart is a Yamaha Drive or Drive2 by looking at it? I am going to try and decode the serial number but the web sites I found that help with decoding a serial number only goes up to 2015. The cart I am looking at has what looks like a 3 piece rear body. There are 2 seams where the body meets under the front of the seat. I have been told this makes it a drive 2. I just want to be sure by decoding the serial number.

wrightr34

I'm not sure the year. I bought it at an estate auction and was told it is a 2016 but I don't think it is a 2016. I think it's a 2017 or greater because it has independent rear suspension. I thought independent rear suspension didn't come out until the drive2 in 2017. I'm trying to figure out the year by decoding the serial number. There is a sticker under the seat that has "06/25/19, 18 of 130" but I think it may just be the part number sticker for the seat or an invoice sticker for the original dealer. I was trying to decode the serial number but every site I go to only goes up to 2015 on showing how to decode the yamaha serial number.

Zman

Cartaholic
Drive 2 the front uprights have bolts in the front and the rear body is in 3 parts. Drive the front uprights bolt on the side and the rear body is one piece. They over lap on the years so be careful if you are ordering parts.

Spazz

Fastest way to tell if it’s a drive 2 is by the body panels and the independent suspension in the rear. There is a 3 piece set of body panels for the rear part. Th middle where your feet are is one piece with right and left fenders. Note my pic below. Both rear fenders wing painted.

Attachments

• 39D1B0A6-27FA-492E-BC9A-43074748D530.jpeg
    39D1B0A6-27FA-492E-BC9A-43074748D530.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 7