Yamaha G3 Sun Classic Not Starting

Garand

My 1986 Sun Classic G3 is not starting.
Back story: Used only to drive around my neighborhood and engine stopped. Pushed it home a couple blocks and started the troubleshooting. Good spark, plenty of gas in tank, but no gas coming from fuel pump. Felt around block while cranking and felt puffs of air. Found a failed vac. line and replaced it. I have the bloody knuckles to prove it. The nipple is very hard to access, but now the air pulses can be felt. I checked it before attaching to fuel pump. Still no start. Replaced the fuel pump. Still no start.
It will start and run for a few seconds if I shoot starting fluid into carb.
Gas line is open. I used a clean and empty mustard squirt container (like you see in diners), poured a little gas into it and squirted gas through the gas line. Also served as a good leak test. Still cannot get the motor to start. Battery at full charge.
Checked fuel and vac lines and replaced as needed. These lines can disintegrate over time, the cart is old.
Lights, turn signals, horn and radio all work, and I believe the machine can be made to start, but this old farm boy is out of ideas.
Anybody know what I’m missing?

Zman

Cartaholic
Do you have fuel out of line to carb? if not does the fuel pump have vac/pressure at the block opening or nipple? If not i would check crank seals by spraying wd40 or some kind of oil around the crank shaft area on both sides. if the fuel pump starts pumping then the seals need replaced , you say it runs if you spray starting fluid , so the rings and valves are good. If you don't have vac/pressure the pump wont work. the engine block screen inside motor may be plugged, spray carb cleaner down the hole or nipple and blow air in there to clean it.

Garand

The fuel pump is sort of cube shaped, an inlet (from the gas tank) nipple is marked with an arrow going in, the outlet nipple is marked with an arrow going out and the last nipple is straight out of the back of the pump, I assume to be the pulse line. Just to check, I reversed the fuel inlet line and the carb inlet line and the pump pumped like crazy when I cranked it.
Any possibility I have any lines out of order?